Walt Disney Home Entertainment has officially announced the release of Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi on Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray, which will hit shelves on 27th March.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the next action-packed instalment in the famous saga, which earned critical acclaim and was the highest-grossing film of 2017.
The film follows on from the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with Rey (Daisy Ridley) having located the long-lost Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamil). She insists Luke must come with her to battle the evil First Order, but he refuses to give up his peaceful and solitary life. That is, until, he sees Rey’s potential.
Meanwhile, Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson) continue an all-out assault on the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher).
Disney has also revealed for the first time what special features will be included on the Blu-ray and Ultra HD Blu-ray versions of the film. Director Rian Johnson takes us on an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi in a feature length documentary, explaining his unique interpretation of the Force. He also details his painstaking creation of Snoke, and deconstructs action-packed scenes from the film.
He also exclusively reveals two scenes featuring Andy Serkis as Snoke prior to his digital makeover, as well as 14 never-before-seen deleted scenes.
This release also marks Disney’s first title available on 4K Blu-ray disc in both Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos immersive audio, delivering consumers a transformative viewing experience.
See the trailer now:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.