Learn more about the benefits of Blu-ray Disc and Ultra HD Blu-ray
You now have more choice than ever before over how you watch your favorite movies and TV shows. Read on to learn more about the new Ultra HD Blu-ray format, as well as Full HD Blu-ray Discs.
Why Ultra HD Blu-ray?
Ultra HD Blu-ray sets a new standard for Ultra High Definition picture and audio quality in the home. With four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, High Dynamic Range for striking contrast, more intense color and uncompressed sound, Ultra HD Blu-ray is the ultimate movie watching experience.
With Ultra HD Blu-ray, you’ll experience a sharper, clearer image than ever before; a greater range of brighter, more vivid colors; smoother, more realistic motion and uncompressed, immersive surround sound. And don’t worry about your existing disc collection – your Ultra HD Blu-ray player will also play all of your existing Blu-ray Discs and most Ultra HD Blu-ray players will also play DVDs.
Ultra HD Blu-ray content is also commonly marketed as 4K UHD.
Benefits of Ultra HD Blu-ray
Introducing Ultra HD Blu-ray – the new standard for ultra high definition picture and audio quality in the home
- Everyone is a suspect when a murder is committed on the Orient Express. But can anyone outwit the brilliant detecti… https://t.co/uI6uorjPGq18 hours ago
- "People die and disappear here six times the national average... and that's just numbers. Kids are worse, way way… https://t.co/GYwLirBEsmyesterday
- Winner of 4 Golden Globes, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri is out now in cinemas. Without any arrests for… https://t.co/SB2HKf4canyesterday
- "I don't need to remind all of you how many people died from cataclysmic climate conditions..." @GeostormMovie… https://t.co/mMHdqdaEUs2 days ago
- Why is 4K better with Ultra HD Blu-ray than streaming? Our helpful guides Jaci and Hephaestus tell all in our lates… https://t.co/XOWdPJzvga2 days ago