Learn more about the benefits of Blu-ray Disc and Ultra HD Blu-ray
You now have more choice than ever before over how you watch your favorite movies and TV shows. Read on to learn more about the new Ultra HD Blu-ray format, as well as Full HD Blu-ray Discs.
Why Ultra HD Blu-ray?
Ultra HD Blu-ray sets a new standard for Ultra High Definition picture and audio quality in the home. With four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD, High Dynamic Range for striking contrast, more intense color and uncompressed sound, Ultra HD Blu-ray is the ultimate movie watching experience.
With Ultra HD Blu-ray, you’ll experience a sharper, clearer image than ever before; a greater range of brighter, more vivid colors; smoother, more realistic motion and uncompressed, immersive surround sound. And don’t worry about your existing disc collection – your Ultra HD Blu-ray player will also play all of your existing Blu-ray Discs and most Ultra HD Blu-ray players will also play DVDs.
Ultra HD Blu-ray content is also commonly marketed as 4K UHD.
Benefits of Ultra HD Blu-ray
Introducing Ultra HD Blu-ray – the new standard for ultra high definition picture and audio quality in the home
- #LadyMacbeth is out in cinemas this week - the thrilling trailer is available here: https://t.co/8SWtEGxj5u12 hours ago
- Happy birthday @channingtatum! Thank you for gracing our screens with your moves (and muscles) for over a decade… https://t.co/8KPHiHiKPK18 hours ago
- #DidYouKnow the risqué mother-son relationship in #BackToTheFuture resulted in Disney turning down the the chance t… https://t.co/SOyoGSfVCU20 hours ago
- Jeff Goldblum joining the cast for #JurassicWorld2?! We're excited: https://t.co/g7Thq1XpaZ https://t.co/zHWKkpPE9M20 hours ago
- Out on Blu-ray TODAY: #TheGirlWithAllTheGifts explores a dark dystopian future - check it out here:… https://t.co/IKMXNdg54Iyesterday