Last Updated: June 9, 2017
BEFORE YOU ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE.
ACCESSING, DOWNLOADING OR OTHERWISE USING THE SERVICE INDICATES
DO NOT ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE.
2. Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you use the Service, contact or interact with us, share information through social media, and voluntarily provide us with your comments and other content in connection with using the Service.
A. Information You Provide to Us
When you submit a contact request through the Service, you provide information to BDA including your email address.
B. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access and use the Service, we automatically collect information regarding you and your device, which may include but is not limited to your device’s internet protocol address, the domain name of your internet service provider, your location, your mobile device information (e.g., device model and operating system version), your page visits, your social sharing activity, and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies, Local Storage and Other Tracking Technologies sections below.
C. Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect information about you from third party sources including social media companies. The Service contains connections to Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. If you connect with these websites through the Service, we may receive personal information about you.
Regarding Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, social sharing and commenting:
- Twitter. By clicking on the Twitter button on the Service, you will automatically be transported to the official Twitter feed of Blu-ray Disc Association, @BlurayReporter. Also, BDA utilizes a social media plug-in called AddThis on the Service which allows a user to post a Tweet directly to their timeline from the Service.
- Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Service, you will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for Blu-ray Disc, https://www.facebook.com/blurayplay. Further, BDA utilizes a social media plug-in called AddThis on the Service which creates a Facebook post so you can post directly to your Timeline from the Service.
- YouTube. YouTube is a Google/Alphabet service. By clicking on the YouTube button on the Service, you will be automatically transported to the official YouTube channel for Ultra HD Blu-ray, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC044ULKVBSoyYO5PzNwj-Vg.
- AddThis. We use AddThis for social sharing services on the Service. AddThis may collect your Internet Protocol address, Mobile Ad ID (MAID), browser type, browser language, type of operating system, the date and time you visited the Service, your behavior on the Service, such as how long you visited the Service, the web search you used to locate and navigate to the Service, information regarding how often you use the AddThis tools, and geo-location data derived from your Internet Protocol address. To add a cookie to opt-out of collection of personal information by AddThis, please see the AddThis website at http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. You may also opt-out through the DAA opt-out program (currently available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) or the NAI opt out program (currently available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which you provided it;
- To provide services to you;
- To connect with your social media accounts and post content you choose to share;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and comments;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To administer, operate, and improve the Service or develop new services;
- To display relevant advertising;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
4. How Your Information is Disclosed
A. Third Party Service Providers and Business Partners
B. Business Changes
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
D. Investigations and Law
We may disclose information about you to third parties if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
E. Aggregated Information
We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
Google Analytics may track you over time and across websites or applications.
5. Cookies, Local Storage, and Other Tracking Technologies
When you visit the Service or advertisements appearing on the Service, BDA or third parties may use “cookies” which store certain information on your device and which allow us to customize your experience to better match your interests and preferences, or to simply facilitate your signing in to use the Service. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your device, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies, we may not be able to restore any preferences or customization settings you previously specified, and our ability to personalize your online experience would be limited. Please refer to your browser instructions or “help” screen to learn more about these functions.
B. Web Beacons
Also, BDA or third parties may collect information from visits to the Service through the use of “Web Beacons.” Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as “web bugs,” “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) used to keep track of your navigation through the Service and your electronic communication with us. We may include web beacons in our web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. Web beacons may be used to collect personal information (for example, the email address associated with an email message). This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience, or customer service.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us. If you have any questions about security on our Service, please email us at email@example.com.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Service is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our Service outside of the United States, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States.
7. Data Retention Policy
We will likely retain your information for as long as you use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding how the BDA uses your information.
A. Changing Your Information
You may ask to review, update, or have deleted any personal information collected by BDA on the Service. To do so, please send us an email asking to review or update your personal information, or to have us delete your personal information. However, we reserve the right to retain personal information as necessary to comply with federal and state laws.
B. Email Communications
You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Social Networking
D. Opt-Outs Available from Our Partners
Some of our partners allow users to opt-out of their collection of information. Some of our partners, like AddThis, provide information on controlling cookies. For more information you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Service, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the ads will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
See Analytics and Cookies, Local Storage and Other Tracking Technologies sections above for details.
9. Information Collected from Other Websites and BDA’s Do Not Track Policy
Your browser may offer a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time or across different websites and mobile applications and services. The Service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Service and after you leave the Service.
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Please also visit the TOU at [insert hyperlink], which state the terms, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing your use of the Service.
13. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. How to Contact Us