Jack Roosevelt Robinson rose from humble origins to cross baseball’s color line and become one of the most beloved men in America. A fierce integrationist Robinson used his immense fame to speak out against the discrimination he saw on and off the field angering fans the press and even teammates who had once celebrated him for turning the other cheek. After baseball he was a widely-read newspaper columnist divisive political activist and tireless advocate for civil rights who later struggled to remain relevant as diabetes crippled his body and a new generation of leaders set a more militant course for the civil rights movement.!
More new releases
- Want to know what #GameOfThrones #Season8 should really look like? Have we got news for you... #SundayFunday https://t.co/zyMfLpNpJuover a year ago
- Just a head's up all you Xbox fans, just in time for the holidays: Yes, you can play your Blu-rays and Ultra HD Blu… https://t.co/WdMIxXtoeJover a year ago
- Flashback to 2018: a very happy birthday to which female human, from the Transformer Movie, Bumblebee? https://t.co/ebUNNJuYGhover a year ago
- https://t.co/FSJImqBbpH To sweeten your evening, a preview of some awesome Blu-rays and Ultra HD Blu-rays coming soon...over a year ago
- Who is this actor, and who played, and in what movie, coming out on #Bluray tomorrow? https://t.co/pBei4L1XWcover a year ago