From award-winning director Keiichi Hara (Colorful) and Japanese powerhouse Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell) comes a remarkable story of the daughter behind one of history’s most famous artists. As all of Edo flocks to see the work of the revered painter Hokusai, his daughter O-Ei toils diligently, creating the paintings sold under her father’s name. Shy in public, in the studio O-Ei is brash and uninhibited. Seeking to come into her own as an artist, O-Ei sets out into the bustling city of Edo (present-day Tokyo), where she encounters spirits, dragons, con men and traders.
More new releases
- Everyone is a suspect when a murder is committed on the Orient Express. But can anyone outwit the brilliant detecti… https://t.co/uI6uorjPGq18 hours ago
- "People die and disappear here six times the national average... and that's just numbers. Kids are worse, way way… https://t.co/GYwLirBEsmyesterday
- Winner of 4 Golden Globes, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri is out now in cinemas. Without any arrests for… https://t.co/SB2HKf4canyesterday
- "I don't need to remind all of you how many people died from cataclysmic climate conditions..." @GeostormMovie… https://t.co/mMHdqdaEUs2 days ago
- Why is 4K better with Ultra HD Blu-ray than streaming? Our helpful guides Jaci and Hephaestus tell all in our lates… https://t.co/XOWdPJzvga2 days ago