From award-winning director Keiichi Hara (Colorful) and Japanese powerhouse Production I.G (Ghost in the Shell) comes a remarkable story of the daughter behind one of history’s most famous artists. As all of Edo flocks to see the work of the revered painter Hokusai, his daughter O-Ei toils diligently, creating the paintings sold under her father’s name. Shy in public, in the studio O-Ei is brash and uninhibited. Seeking to come into her own as an artist, O-Ei sets out into the bustling city of Edo (present-day Tokyo), where she encounters spirits, dragons, con men and traders.
More new releases
- #LadyMacbeth is out in cinemas this week - the thrilling trailer is available here: https://t.co/8SWtEGxj5u12 hours ago
- Happy birthday @channingtatum! Thank you for gracing our screens with your moves (and muscles) for over a decade… https://t.co/8KPHiHiKPK18 hours ago
- #DidYouKnow the risqué mother-son relationship in #BackToTheFuture resulted in Disney turning down the the chance t… https://t.co/SOyoGSfVCU20 hours ago
- Jeff Goldblum joining the cast for #JurassicWorld2?! We're excited: https://t.co/g7Thq1XpaZ https://t.co/zHWKkpPE9M20 hours ago
- Out on Blu-ray TODAY: #TheGirlWithAllTheGifts explores a dark dystopian future - check it out here:… https://t.co/IKMXNdg54Iyesterday