Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the release of Duncan Jones’ sci-fi thriller Moon, starring Sam Rockwell, Kevin Spacey, Dominique McElligott, Rosie Shaw, and Adrienne Shaw. Lands on Ultra HD Blu-ray on 16th July.
Moon garnered numerous awards, including “Best British Independent Film” at the British Independent Film Awards, “Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer” at the BAFTA Awards, Duncan Jones named “Breakthrough British Filmmaker” at the London Critics Circle Film Awards and the film was named one of the Top Independent Films by the National Board of Review.
Sam Bell (Academy Award-winner Sam Rockwell, Best Supporting Actor 2017, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) is nearing the completion of his 3-year-long contract with Lunar Industries, mining Earth’s primary source of energy on the dark side of the moon. Alone with only the base’s vigilant computer Gerty as his sole companion, Bell’s extended isolation has taken its toll. His only link to the outside world comes via satellite messages from his wife and young daughter. He longs to return home, but a terrible accident on the lunar surface leads to a disturbing discovery that contributes to his growing sense of paranoia and dislocation so many miles away from home. Moon is an engrossing, intelligent sci-fi thriller that ranks with genre classics like 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- All-NEW Retrospective Conversation with Duncan Jones and Journalist Joe Utichi
- NEW Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
- NEW Fan Art Poster Gallery
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Duncan Jones and Producer Stuart Fenegan
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Duncan Jones, Director of Photography Gary Shaw, Concept Designer Gavin Rothery, and Production Designer Tony Noble
- Whistle Short Film by Duncan Jones
- The Making of Moon
- Creating the Visual Effects
- Science Center Q&A with Director Duncan Jones
- Filmmaker’s Q&A at the Sundance Film Festival
- Theatrical Trailer