Universal Pictures Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release First Man, starring Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy, on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray. The two releases will be available for purchase on January 22nd.
Based on the book First Man: The Life of Neil A. Armstrong by James R. Hansen and from visionary filmmaker Damien Chazelle, First Man is the riveting story behind the first manned mission to the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the decade leading to the historic Apollo 11 flight. A visceral and intimate account told from Armstrong’s perspective, the film explores the triumphs and the cost—on Armstrong, his family, his colleagues and the nation itself—of one of the most dangerous missions in history.
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of First Man and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that First Man is the first major feature film to tell the journey to Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, First Man sheds light on all the hard-working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling re-enacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You in the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of First Man was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to First Man.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three-day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming First Man.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross